Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Keyword Reading Challenge- Into Thin Air

   Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mount Everest Disaster 
 I just read this book as part of my Keyword Reading Challenge. It was recommended to me by my school librarian. It's about May 10, 1996- the day that there were the most fatalities on Mount Everest. It follows the experiences of journalist and climber, Jon Krakauer  and his team as they reached the summit and then confronted a storm on his way down. This book was very interesting since I know virtually nothing about high altitude climbing. At points it was heartbreaking to imagine what a lot of these people were going through at the time- and, honestly, some of the survivors are still going through or processing. I also was unaware of the preparation and risks associated with climbing Everest. I would recommend this if you like biographies or non-fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment