Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Chengli and the Silk Road Caravan

Our state has school vacation this week. So, what do I do? Finish the book I'm reading on the first free night. Finish my next book the next morning. I love having time to read. I've also gotten 1 letter written. I have a goal to write 2 more tonight.
Chengli and the Silk Road Caravan

       I received this book from NetGalley so I was a little surprised to see that it had been published in 2011. It won the Asian/Pacific American Award for Literature for Children (2012). It is about a boy who lives in Chang'An China but decides that he'd like to join a caravan on the Silk Road in an effort to learn more about his father, who had been killed by bandits before his birth. Along the way, he helps take care of the animals in the caravan and is charged to help care for a princess that the caravan has been assigned to deliver to her new husband. 
     To be 100% honest, I don't have a lot of experience with Asia or Asian culture. I really enjoyed learning more about the silk road, different cultures and nomadic life. I am definitely passing this book to both of my sons to read. I will also ask our school librarian if she knows this book yet. I would highly recommend it.  Thanks to NetGalley.
     I am using this book as my Keyword Reading Challenge for February. The keyword I used for this book is "and." I'm going to go search my tbr pile to see if I have any other ones that might fulfill the February keywords.
        

No comments:

Post a Comment