Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 30, 2015

I survived!

   These past few months have been insanely busy for me. The past 2 weeks I had a bunch of important things that happened. So, as a quick glimpse of my world, I'll just write a few sentences about each thing.

Chorale Concert- Performed for a local Masonic Lodge and they cooked dinner for us. They also gave me a donation. Hundreds of students have benefited from the generosity of this group. I was happy with the concert and the entire night
Broadway/Matilda- A colleague of mine set up a trip to NYC where 25 students took a musical theatre/choreography class with Geoff Packard. It was awesome and I love the advice Geoff shared with them. After, we ate lunch in Times Square (an adventure) and then saw Matilda, which I really liked.

Broadway/Matilda- A colleague of mine set up a trip to NYC where 25 students took a musical theatre/choreography class with Geoff Packard. It was awesome and I love the advice Geoff shared with them. After, we ate lunch in Times Square (an adventure) and then saw Matilda, which I really liked.

Chorus Concert- 5 different groups of performing kids that I was in charge of. 3 grade level choruses and 2 small, special groups. Was happy with my 5th and 6th grade, had huge attitude issues in my older grades (VERY unusual for this group). Was sad to have a negative last concert with my 8th grade.  I'm sure it wasn't as bad as it felt to me to the audience, though there were some obvious mess ups. The next day..

Festival- Started the day with a very honest "heart to heart" with my chorus kids- mostly geared toward the older kids.I am glad that I was real and that they heard what I was trying to say.  Took 88 kids to a music festival where they sang for judges, had a short workshop, got a rating and then went to Six Flags New England. The whole day was extremely positive (after my chat) and I really enjoyed just being myself with my students. They also sang well. Both choirs got a gold rating (out of bronze, silver, gold and platinum).

In my personal life:
Family- Boys are busy with baseball. We're having a blast. We're going to celebrate my Nana's 90th birthday in a surprise party tomorrow. I have planned a Mommy Date for the boys to go see Newsies in Boston at the end of June.

Letters- I'm way behind. I have not written to anyone in weeks. I will work on catching up now that I can breathe. I only have 1 more concert this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment