Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Currently 5/2

Currently

Watching: Lots of Little League baseball. Today is opening day and we just had our parade. The boys both have a game in a few hours. Here's the uniforms (on the 1 day they'll look spotless!)

Also, I saw this bird a few years ago in my yard, but never knew what it was. He's back. He's a yellow-shafted Northern Flicker. I found some beautiful pictures but they all look like they're copyrighted. Look it up. Cool bird.

Reading: "Ordinary" by Tony Merida. I'm enjoying it so far. It has given me a few things to think about regarding my faith. (Or rather, how I demonstrate my faith) It speaks of how people can make a large impact through humble acts of service while practicing ordinary Christianity. I won this book on GoodReads. 
Listening: Wow, nothing this week. I have been really busy and have not had a lot of time to slow down.  Actually, one of my 8th grade music classes is doing my opera project. They are writing an opera that mixes Spongebob and Pokemon. It's actually pretty good and they're really into it. For their choreography and the background music for one of their arias, they're using some Pokemon instrumental tracks. It's actually pretty good.  That has been stuck in my head all week along with a "rap version" of "Let it Go," which is basically rewritten words with 1 boy beatboxing between a few of the phrases. They have to compose most of the music but can have 1 song based on another piece.

Making: I'm putting together a presentation to "spotlight the singers" in our school. I have taken a picture of each chorus kid and asked them to write a short bio. I'm putting them all up at our school's parents night. It's a lot of work but I'm really enjoying reading what the kids are writing. 

Feeling: 
Tired- I need a serious break and I'm really impatient with drama.
Grateful- See David's cute uniform? The Minor League team Fisher Cats donated all the replica jerseys. I thought that was really nice of them. Everyone else has t-shirts so these little guys look sharp!

Planning: Still working on the field trip as well as all of my performances.

Loving:  I love baseball season. I like seeing how the kids grow in their skills over the season and watching the games play out. The kids only play 1 sport and do a few other activities so it's really a joy for me to go to their games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment