Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 14, 2015

10 minute update- literally

   So, some of my blogging friends have wondered if I've dropped off the face of the earth. March is a super busy month for me. So, why haven't I been writing a lot in Feb or March- in preparation for all the stuff that has to be done. I carved out literally 10 minutes of this afternoon so that I could add some of my cool mail here. If I miraculously end up with more time tonight, which I doubt, I will update my 366 stuff. I just wanted to let you know:
1) I'm alive
2) I miss checking in
3) Thanks for the awesome mail
4) I'm still writing letters/cards so if you're expecting a reply, it should be coming
5) I will emerge again from my season of insanity on April 11.. or 12th depending on if I accept an invitation for the 11th. lol

Here's some of the recent mail:
 Card from a new pal. This is the first mail from her and I look forward to responding!
 Huh? What is this? A package from Peru? Who in the world do I know from Peru? Nobody. Ok, so I rip the parcel open and remember a "mystery envelope" round robin I signed up for. This one wasn't the best loot. I added some postcards and sent it on to Lithuania. Here's what was inside.
 Cool pin
 Self-adhesive bra. This is a first for me.
 Tea
 Ear ring
 Matroyoshka keychain
 bracelet
 washi tape
 Is it weird that these finger puppets from Peru were my favorite things?
 Toys- like the stuff you'd get in a Happy Meal
 Cell phone charm
 Next mail:

 Also from a new pal. Isn't it beautiful!?
 Huh? ANOTHER surprise package? YES!!! It came on a great day too. This was from my friend Ashley and she sent me some awesome music stamps. I'll take a picture and post those later. I might try some gelli plate creativity with them!
Speaking of Ashley- this is today's mail. (AH!!! I'm past my 10 minutes. At the risk of being late for something else...I'm finishing. Have I ever mentioned that I hate being late... or when people are late?) Here's some more Happy mail from Ashley:

 Adorable
 That dress is made of fabric. Your creativity always amazes me
 :)

 Postcrossing card from Singapore. I'm being recruited into the Navy. Cool dragonfly stamp. It shimmers with different angles like real dragonfly wings.
 Il Duomo in Italy.  Beautiful.
 Venice. I've sung at St. Mark's Cathedral. I'm so glad it wasn't flooded when I was there. It was rainy and it smelled gross in Venice I have very strong memories from the day I was there. It was so cool for me to get this card!

Postcrossing card from China. I like the women dancing and the jellyfish stamp.

Ok... 17 minutes until a meeting a mile and a half away. I hope everybody is great. I just realized I have 6!!!! more things I haven't photographed yet. I'll try to do it later tonight. They are also really cool for me. Phew... 15 minutes. I will survive this month.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've received some sweet mail. My mailbox has been sadly empty lately. Love the Matroyoshka keychain. The finger puppets are pretty cool too! Can't say I've ever received a bra in the mail before, ha. But I DO have a funny story to share about a strange object I once received. Remind me to tell you about it sometime ;) Hope you're having a nice weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you liked my letter! :D I had no idea that you and Ashley are penpals! Me too!!! :D She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica- She IS awesome. I always find myself taking about 20 pictures of each letter from her since her envelopes are always really cool. lol

    ReplyDelete