Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Random thoughts of the day...

No mail again!

     Well, I got no mail again but I did have a funny experience while heading to the post office today. Today I had to run to the post office before it closed so I packed the kids in the car and decided to get the mail before we headed out. Of course, being the nerd I am, I was super excited to see which one of my friends had sent me a beautiful letter. I opened the mailbox and got the weekly sales brochures. Thanks Market Basket and Stop & Shop. Grr. I went back to my car and drove to the post office (which embarrassingly is literally a few buildings away- I was in a rush). I bought a book of bonsai stamps and a page of the international stamps. Then, on my way out, who did I run into?
My old mailman, Billy! You know- the one who got my mail here by 12 everyday, brought me nice packages and stopped to say hello whenever he could.  I would even bust open my packages and share some of my treats. His route got switched and I realized that we had actually become friends over the year. It was nice to see him and let him know that I appreciated him. It turns out that he was filling in for my new mailwoman today. He asked if I wanted my mail from the truck. It turns out that whoever filled in yesterday put the junkmail in the wrong box. Sure! Then I got my mail again and it was all junk and bills. Twice in one day! I had better get some good mail on Monday. (They don't deliver mail in the US on Sundays.)

A day to be thankful...

     It was exactly a year ago that David was attacked by the rabid skunk. Every day I give thanks that he is healthy and that we live in a place that he could get the help that he needed to. I am thankful to my town health department for being supportive, my friends and family for prayers and all of the doctors and hospitals that took care of him. God is good!
     I'm also thankful for another David, a penpal from Australia who closed his letter with a lovely Bible verse. So, as I sign off early this Sunday morning, I wanted to send all of my readers a verse to start your day. I hope you and your family are blessed this week!

     Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.- Philippians 4:8

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment